Be a part of Katha!
These are exciting times at Katha and we are looking for creative and hardworking individuals to be a part of the Katha family.
We are looking for a Manager-Fundraising who is experienced in developing corporate partnerships, maintaining fundraising base and building on existing relationships with donors, volunteers, and funders.
Identifying donor opportunities; developing donor database; responding to donor tenders and call for proposals; developing grant proposals; writing appeals; representing the organisation at donor meetings and undertaking the follow up of potential funding opportunities.
- Should have 3-5 years of work experience in relevant field.
- Should have Masters degree in the relevant field
- Should have excellent command over English
- Should have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Should be comfortable with digital media and conversant with Microsoft office
Interested candidates can apply by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume and statement of purpose (100 words max.) is a must, and the subject line of the application should say, ‘Job application for the post of Manager-Fundraising.’
We are looking for an editor who is experienced in improving text, can grow into leadership roles and manage assistant editors and editorial interns, nurturing them and ensuring the quality of the work produced by the editorial team. You should be able to efficiently prepare content for publication and maintain productive working relationships with writers, designers, other editors, printers and other allied departments.
- Responsible (individually and with the editorial team) for editing, rephrasing and proofing author manuscripts to global standards.
- Must maintain high standards of clarity, consistency, readability and accuracy of the manuscripts.
- Commission authors, designers, illustrators and translators.
- Conceptualise book projects both fiction and nonfiction; and build list — children, young adult and adult.
- Expedite content development while ensuring the quality of the book projects.
- Should have more than three years of experience in a reputed publishing house. An experience in in the field of children’s books will be an added bonus.
- Should have Bachelors and Masters in Humanities, preferably English, or other relevant academic fields.
- Should have excellent command over English language. Have a keen eye for detail, high levels of ability with grammar and spelling.
- Must have passion for editing, excellent communication skills, comprehensive knowledge of all major styles of language editing.
- Should be comfortable with digital media and conversant with Microsoft word and preferably other book publishing softwares.
- Should have good command over English and preferably another Indian language.
Interested candidates can apply by writing to email@example.com. A resume and statement of purpose (100 words max.) is a must, and the subject line of the application should say, ‘Job application for the post of an Editor.